Free C2C Crochet Pattern Cat Eye

Free C2C Crochet Pattern 
Cat Eye (50 x 50 graph)


About this Pattern:
Have you ever had an idea that suddenly pops into your head out of nowhere? That happened to me with this cat eye. I could suddenly picture it in my mind, and I just had to make it.

This pattern definitely took more time to design than the patterns in my Animals and Rare Cute Animals series, because every single square needed to be filled with colour. And to make things even more challenging, about halfway through I realised I had made a mistake. So, I had to undo a large part of the project and start again.

This Cat Eye pattern is a little more detailed than my other animal C2C patterns. I wanted to create a realistic-looking cat eye while still keeping the design suitable for C2C crochet. The different shades of brown and green help create the details and depth in the eye.

But I am very happy with how the cat eye turned out, and I hope you will enjoy making it too! I do recommend making plenty of bobbins before you start, as there are quite a lot of colour changes in this pattern.

Happy crocheting!

How to download the graph:
On a desktop computer, click the graph to open the full-size image, then right-click and choose “Save image as.” On mobile, tap and hold the image to save it to your device.


Materials:
  • 3.0 mm hook
  • darning needle to weave in ends
  • DK yarn
  • scissors
  • optional: stitch markers

Yarn colours:
Dark brown
Medium brown
Beige
Black
White
Dark green
Medium green
Light green

Colour Counts:
The 50 x 50 grid contains 2,500 squares in total. Here is the number of squares for each colour:
Dark brown: 532
Medium brown: 584
Beige: 192
Black: 415
White: 10
Dark green: 310
Medium green: 359
Light green: 98

The colour counts tell you how many squares of each colour are used in the graph. They don't tell you exactly how much yarn you'll need, as this can vary depending on your yarn, hook size and tension.

Learn how to calculate how much yarn you'll need: How Much Yarn do I Need?

Size:
With a 3.0 mm hook and DK yarn, for me this works up to about 72 x 72 cm (28 x 28 inches). But, this may vary depending on your yarn weight, hook size, and tension.
Gauge: 5 rows measure approximately 6 cm (2.3 inches).

About the Colour Changes
There are a lot of colour changes in this Cat Eye pattern. I recommend making plenty of bobbins before you start, as you will need several bobbins of the same colour for different areas of the graph.

This way, you don't have to carry the yarn across the back of your work, which will give you a much neater finished project.


New to C2C?
These tutorials may help:

FAQ

Can I make this C2C Cat Eye with a different yarn weight?
Yes, definitely! Keep in mind that using a different yarn weight can change the finished size of your project quite a bit. I recommend making a small swatch first to see how your yarn and hook combination affects the size before starting the entire project.

Can I sell finished projects made from this pattern?
Yes! Feel free to sell finished C2C Cat Eye projects made from this pattern. I would really appreciate it if you credited Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer.


Finished your Cat Eye?
I hope you enjoyed making this Cat Eye. If you share your project on Instagram, I'd love to see it. Tag me at @katescozycrochet.

You might also like:



Comments

Populair posts

Free crochet pattern No-Sew Mushroom Bag Charm

Free No-Sew crochet pattern Beaded Flower Bookmark

Free crochet pattern C2C Dachshund