Free No-Sew crochet pattern Beaded Flower Bookmark

Free pattern
Beaded Flower Bookmark


About this pattern:
I've been seeing beaded crochet patterns all over Facebook lately and it piqued my interest. Last time I saw someone making a beaded spider, without actually crocheting on the beads, but simply putting them on the starting yarn. That's when I got the idea to make a bookmark. I was reading a book and using a supermarket receipt as a bookmark. I could do with an upgrade.

I made this pattern for books that measure about 23 cm (9 inches). Keep that in mind if your books are much bigger or smaller. The length is easy to adjust. Simply add or remove chains from the stem to make it fit your favourite book.

You can use a range of bead sizes. You'll need to be able to fit exactly 4 chains around each bead. I used 6 mm beads.

This is a very quick and easy pattern. It is no-sew and there are no hard colour changes, making it a beginner friendly pattern.

Are you using this bookmark or are you gifting it to someone else?

If you enjoy what I do, please consider supporting me! Every little bit means the world! Click here: Ko-fi.
Thank you so much!

Happy crocheting!

Materials:
  • 3.0 mm hook
  • 6 beads (5, 6, or 7 mm)
  • DK yarn in 3 colours (centre, petals, stem + leaf)
  • darning needle
  • scissors 
  • optional: sewing needle

Abbreviations (US):
ch =  chain
sl st = slip stitch
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
tr = treble crochet 

Pattern:
Start with Centre Colour.
Attach the 6 beads and tie a knot. You might need to use a small crochet hook to pull the yarn through. If the holes are very small, use a sewing needle.


Ch 4 around the bead and sl st to circle.


Repeat around all the beads.


4 sc in each chain space around. (24)
After the last petal, sl st to the first sc of the first petal.
Fasten off. Leave a tail for weaving in later.


With a slip knot, attach Petal Colour to the first sc of the first petal (you also put your sl st there).


Sc + dc in one stitch, 2 tr in one stitch, 2 tr in one stitch, dc + sc in one stitch.


Repeat this 5 more times. (48)
Sl st to the first sc of the first petal to close the round. 
Fasten off. Leave a tail for weaving in later.


With a slip knot, attach Leaf Colour to the last sl st.

The stem is made with 65 chains, which works well for most books. If you want to make the bookmark shorter or longer, simply add or remove chains. I recommend measuring it against your favourite book before making the leaf.

Turn.
Starting in the second chain from the hook:
1 sl st, 1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 tr, 1 dc, 1 sc. 


Work back along the other side of the chain to make the other side of the leaf.
1 sc, 1 dc, 1 tr, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc, 1 sl st.
Fasten off.

Weave in all your ends.



Finished your bookmark?
I hope you enjoyed making this Beaded Flower Bookmark! If you share your project on Instagram, I'd love to see it. Tag me at @katescozycrochet.

FAQ

Can I use a different yarn weight?
Yes, but I wouldn't recommend using a thicker yarn. Your bookmark might become too bulky, making it harder to close your book.

Can I use larger or smaller beads?
Yes, but you'll need to chain 4 around the bead. If your beads are smaller, you might get a large gap. If your beads are larger, it might be too tight.

Do I need a sewing needle?
This depends on your beads. If you can thread your beads with your yarn without using a needle, go for it!

Can I sell finished bookmarks made from this pattern?
Yes! Feel free to sell finished bookmarks made from this pattern. I would really appreciate it if you could credit me as the pattern designer.


You might also like:




















©Kate's Cozy Crochet



Comments

Populair posts

Free Crochet Pattern No-Sew Cauldron of Potions Pincushion

Free crochet pattern No-Sew Mushroom Bag Charm

Free crochet pattern C2C Dachshund