Free C2C crochet pattern Happy Owl

 Free C2C crochet pattern
Baby Owl (50 x 60 graph)


How to download the graph:
On a desktop computer, click the graph to open the full-size image, then right-click and choose “Save image as.” On mobile, tap and hold the image to save it to your device.

About this Pattern:
When I was in my late teens and twenties, I was completely obsessed with owls. I wanted everything with owls on it. Owl earrings, owl cushions, owl decorations, little owl figurines... you name it, I probably had it.

Luckily, that phase is mostly over now ;) Although I still have an owl hanging in my hallway, and there's an owl-shaped doorstopper in my bedroom, so maybe I'm not completely over it yet!

So when I started making C2C designs, it was probably only a matter of time before I made an owl.

I wanted to make a cute and happy-looking owl, and I really like how this one turned out. The 50 x 60 graph makes it a nice size for all kinds of projects. You could use it for a baby blanket, cushion, wall hanging, or anything else you can think of.

And of course, you don't have to use the same colours as I did. You could make your owl brown, grey, blue, pink, or even something completely different. Have fun with it!

A few ideas for using this graph:
Because this is a 50 x 60 graph, there are quite a few things you can make with it. Of course, a baby blanket would be my first choice, but I think it would also look really cute on a cushion or as a wall hanging for a nursery. You could even use the graph as part of a larger blanket with several different C2C designs.

Materials:
  • 3.0 mm hook
  • darning needle to weave in ends
  • DK yarn
  • scissors
  • optional: stitch markers

Yarn colours:
White
Black
Light brown
Medium brown
Dark brown
Very dark brown (border of owl) or use black for this part.
Orange
Pink
Any colour you wish to use for the background.

Colour Counts:
The 50 x 60 grid contains 3,000 squares in total. Here is the number of squares for each colour:
White: 126
Black: 58
Light brown: 578
Medium brown: 360
Dark brown: 156
Very dark brown (border of owl) or use black for this part: 210
Orange: 62
Pink: 20
Background: 1430

The colour counts tell you how many squares of each colour are used in the graph. They don't tell you exactly how much yarn you'll need, as this can vary depending on your yarn, hook size and tension.

Size: 

With a 3.0 mm hook and DK yarn, for me this works up to about 72 x 87 cm (28 x 34 inches). But, this may vary depending on your yarn weight, hook size, and tension.
Gauge: 5 rows measure approximately 6 cm (2.3 inches).

Different colour combinations
Of course, you don't have to use the colours I used for my Baby Owl. Changing the colours can completely change the look of the finished project. I've included some photos below to give you a few ideas.


New to C2C?
These tutorials may help:
C2C Tutorials




FAQ

Can I make this C2C Baby Owl with a different yarn weight?
Yes, definitely! Keep in mind that using a different yarn weight can change the finished size of your project quite a bit. I recommend making a small swatch first to see how your yarn and hook combination affects the size before starting the entire project.

Can I sell finished projects made from this pattern?
Yes! Feel free to sell finished C2C Baby Owl projects made from this pattern. I would really appreciate it if you credited Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer.

Can beginners make this pattern?
If you're already familiar with the basics of corner-to-corner (C2C) crochet, this pattern is beginner-friendly. If you're completely new to C2C, I recommend checking out my C2C tutorials before starting.

Can I use acrylic yarn for this C2C pattern?
Yes! Acrylic DK yarn works very well for C2C projects. You can also use cotton or another yarn weight, but keep in mind that this will affect the finished size.


Finished your project?
Thank you for crocheting my C2C Baby Owl! I hope it brings a smile to your face. If you make one, I'd love to see it on Instagram. Tag @katescozycrochet so I can admire your work and share it with the crochet community.


This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not copy, redistribute, or sell the pattern or graph itself. You are welcome to sell finished items made using this pattern. Credit to Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer is always appreciated.

You might also like:











 
©Kate's Cozy Crochet


Comments

Populair posts

Free crochet pattern No-Sew Mushroom Bag Charm

Free No-Sew crochet pattern Beaded Flower Bookmark

Free crochet pattern C2C Dachshund