Free C2C Crochet Pattern Alpaca
Free C2C Crochet Pattern
Alpaca (50 x 50 graph)
About this Pattern:
What a cutie! Alpacas are just so adorable. I have to admit, though, that I have never actually petted one. Maybe one day!
In Dutch, we also call them alpacas, but I’m never quite sure how to pronounce the word correctly. I’ve heard people pronounce it in two different ways, and I honestly still don’t know which one is supposed to be right.
When my boyfriend and I used to go motorcycle riding along a certain route, we always passed a farm with alpacas. We were riding on top of a dike, and the alpacas were walking around down below. Of course, we had to stop there every time to have a look. They were just too cute to drive past!
I would love to do an alpaca walk one day. You can also do a high tea here in the area surrounded by alpacas, which sounds pretty fun too. So maybe one day I’ll finally get to pet one!
For now, I’ll have to settle for crocheting one. So here is my free C2C Alpaca crochet pattern!
Happy crocheting!
How to download the graph:
On a desktop computer, click the graph to open the full-size image, then right-click and choose “Save image as.” On mobile, tap and hold the image to save it to your device.
On a desktop computer, click the graph to open the full-size image, then right-click and choose “Save image as.” On mobile, tap and hold the image to save it to your device.
Materials:
- 3.0 mm hook
- darning needle to weave in ends
- DK yarn
- scissors
- optional: stitch markers
Yarn colours:
Black
White
Beige
Darker beige (nose)
Brown
Pink
Any colour you wish to use for the background. There are some pics below for inspiration.
Colour Counts:
The 50 x 60 grid contains 3,000 squares in total. Here is the number of squares for each colour:
The 50 x 60 grid contains 3,000 squares in total. Here is the number of squares for each colour:
Black: 58
White: 2
Beige: 550
Darker beige: 26
Brown: 197
Pink: 35
Background: 1632
The colour counts tell you how many squares of each colour are used in the graph. They don't tell you exactly how much yarn you'll need, as this can vary depending on your yarn, hook size and tension.
Size:
With a 3.0 mm hook and DK yarn, for me this works up to about 72 x 87 cm (28 x 34 inches). But, this may vary depending on your yarn weight, hook size and tension.
Gauge: 5 rows measure approximately 6 cm (2.3 inches).
New to C2C?
These tutorials may help:
These tutorials may help:
Fun Facts about Alpacas
- Alpacas can spit! Okay, maybe this is not the first thing you want to know about these cute fluffy animals. They usually only spit when they are annoyed or when another alpaca gets too close.
- They are actually related to camels. I would never have guessed that by looking at them! Alpacas are part of the camel family, together with llamas, camels and a few other animals.
- Alpacas come in many different colours. Their wool can naturally be white, cream, brown, grey and even almost black. So there is an alpaca for almost every colour palette!
- Baby alpacas are called crias. I think that is such a cute name. A baby alpaca is already adorable, but calling it a cria somehow makes it even cuter.
- Alpacas are very social animals. They like living together in groups and don't really enjoy being alone. Which makes sense when you are this fluffy: you need someone around to appreciate it!
FAQ
Can I make this C2C Alpaca with a different yarn weight?
Yes, definitely! Keep in mind that using a different yarn weight can change the finished size of your project quite a bit. I recommend making a small swatch first to see how your yarn and hook combination affects the size before starting the entire project.
Can I sell finished projects made from this pattern?
Yes! Feel free to sell finished C2C Alpaca projects made from this pattern. I would really appreciate it if you credited Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer.
Can beginners make this pattern?
If you're already familiar with the basics of corner-to-corner (C2C) crochet, this pattern is beginner-friendly. If you're completely new to C2C, I recommend checking out my C2C tutorials before starting.
Finished your project?
I hope you enjoyed making this Alpaca. If you share your project on Instagram, I'd love to see it. Tag me at @katescozycrochet.
This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not copy, redistribute, or sell the pattern or graph itself. You are welcome to sell finished items made using this pattern. Credit to Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer is always appreciated.
©Kate's Cozy Crochet

.png)
.png)
.png)

Comments
Post a Comment