Free C2C crochet pattern Red-Eyed Treefrog
Free C2C crochet pattern
Red-Eyed Treefrog (50 x 60 graph)
Rare Cute Animals
I've always been fascinated by colourful frogs. I've often wondered what those funny-looking sticky toes would feel like! Not that I would touch them if I could, I'm also a little scared of how them haha.
Here in the Netherlands, we don't have red-eyed tree frogs in the wild. Only your standard green frogs. That's exactly what inspired me to create this colourful Red-Eyed Tree Frog C2C crochet pattern.
On a desktop computer, click the graph to open the full-size image, then right-click and choose “Save image as.” On mobile, tap and hold the image to save it to your device.
- 3.0 mm hook
- darning needle to weave in ends
- DK yarn
- scissors
- optional: stitch markers
The 50 x 60 grid contains 3,000 squares in total. Here is the number of squares for each colour:
Fun Facts About the Red-Eyed Tree Frog
1. Those bright red eyes have a purpose!
The red-eyed tree frog's famous scarlet eyes aren't just for looking adorable. When threatened, it suddenly opens its eyes wide to startle predators. This surprise display can give the frog just enough time to make a quick escape.
2. It isn't always green.
Although it is best known for its bright green body, the red-eyed tree frog can slightly change its colour depending on its mood, temperature, and surroundings. It may appear darker or lighter throughout the day.
3. It spends most of its life in trees.
As its name suggests, the red-eyed tree frog is an excellent climber. Special sticky pads on its toes help it grip leaves and branches, allowing it to climb with ease—even on smooth surfaces.
4. It sleeps during the day.
Red-eyed tree frogs are nocturnal, meaning they are most active at night. During the day, they rest on the undersides of leaves with their legs tucked in and their eyes closed, making them surprisingly well camouflaged.
5. Their babies hatch early if danger is near.
One of the coolest facts about these frogs is that their eggs can hatch early! If the developing tadpoles sense vibrations from a predator, such as a snake, they can escape from their eggs before they are fully developed and drop into the water below.
6. They have colourful feet too!
The red-eyed tree frog isn't just green and red. It also has bright orange toes and blue-and-yellow striped sides. These bold colours help make it one of the most beautiful frogs in the world.
7. They can jump many times their body length.
Despite being only about 5–7 cm (2–3 inches) long, red-eyed tree frogs are powerful jumpers. Their long legs help them leap quickly from branch to branch to escape predators or catch insects.
FAQ
Can I sell finished projects made from this pattern?
Yes! Feel free to sell finished C2C Treefrog projects made from this pattern. I would really appreciate it if you credited Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer.
Share your project
I'd love to see your finished project! Tag me on Instagram @katescozycrochet so I can share your beautiful makes. If you enjoyed this free pattern, feel free to browse my other free crochet designs.
These tutorials may help:
You might also like:

.png)
.png)


Comments
Post a Comment