Free No-Sew crochet pattern Mushroom Bookmark
Free patternMushroom BookmarkSummer is coming to an end. Fall is coming. So are all the crochet mushrooms. :)
Honestly, I don't like mushrooms. To eat, I mean. I do like the look of them and like searching for them in the woods. Finding a red-with-white-spots mushroom is always the goal for me. We don't see them that often in the Netherlands, although they are not really rare. We call them "vliegenzwam", which directly translates to "fly fungus".
About this mushroom bookmark
This mushroom bookmark is a small and fun crochet project
that doesn't require much yarn. The mushroom cap measures
approximately 6 cm ( 2.36 inches) and you can easily adjust the
length of the bookmark to fit different books. Because it uses only
basic stitches and doesn't require any sewing or difficult colour changes, it
is a great project for beginners. It would also make a cute little
handmade gift for a book lover.
This pattern is very quick and easy, and it's no-sew! We all love a good no-sew project.
If you enjoy what I do, please consider supporting me! Every little bit means the world! Click here: Ko-fi.
Thank you so much!
Happy crocheting!
Materials:3.0 mm hookDK yarn in 2 coloursdarning needlescissors
Abbreviations (US):
ch = chaininc = increasedec = decreasesc = single crochet sl st = slip stitch
Pattern:
Start with Mushroom Cap Colour.Work in rows. After turning, always start in the second stitch from the hook.
R1: ch 3, turnR2: 2 sc, ch 1, turn (2)R3: 2 inc, ch 1, turn (4)
R4: inc, 2 sc, inc, ch 1, turn (6)R5: 6 sc, ch 2, turn (7)R6: 7 sc, ch 3, turn (9)R7: 9 sc, ch 3 (11)R8: 11 sc (11)Ch 1, then sc around the sides (8) and the top (3) of the cap. ch 1, sl st to the first sc.Fasten off.
Continue with Stem Colour.Turn your work upside down.Attach your Stem Colour with a slip knot to the 5th stitch from the right.R1-5: 4 sc, ch 1, turn (4). Crochet over the yarn tail, so that it is woven in.
R6: 2 dec, ch 1, turn (2)R7: dec (1)
Chain as many as you need to make your bookmark long enough to fit your books. I needed about 60 chains to make a 25 cm (9.8 inches) long stem.
You will now make the roots:Ch 5, turn, sl st 4.Ch 7, turn, sl st 6.Ch 10, turn, sl st 9.Ch 6, turn, sl st 5.Sl st to the first root and fasten off. Leave a tail to sew the holes in the middle of the roots closed.
If you want longer roots, simply make longer chains and make more slip stitches accordingly!
Honestly, I don't like mushrooms. To eat, I mean. I do like the look of them and like searching for them in the woods. Finding a red-with-white-spots mushroom is always the goal for me. We don't see them that often in the Netherlands, although they are not really rare. We call them "vliegenzwam", which directly translates to "fly fungus".
This mushroom bookmark is a small and fun crochet project that doesn't require much yarn. The mushroom cap measures approximately 6 cm ( 2.36 inches) and you can easily adjust the length of the bookmark to fit different books. Because it uses only basic stitches and doesn't require any sewing or difficult colour changes, it is a great project for beginners. It would also make a cute little handmade gift for a book lover.
This pattern is very quick and easy, and it's no-sew! We all love a good no-sew project.
Thank you so much!
ch = chain
Start with Mushroom Cap Colour.
I hope you enjoyed making this little mushroom bookmark! If you share your project on Instagram, I'd love to see it. Tag me at @katescozycrochet.
Can I make this mushroom bookmark with a different yarn weight?
Yes, definitely. But I would recommend only going down in yarn weight. Your book might not close well with thicker yarn.
How long should the bookmark be?
Use a book to measure. I'm not sure if books around the world are all the same size. Also, hardcover and paperback books are often not the same size.
It's better to be on the safe side and make your bookmark a little too long rather than too short.
Can I sell finished bookmarks made from this pattern?
Yes! Feel free to sell finished bookmarks made from this pattern. I would really appreciate it if you could credit me as the pattern designer.











Comments
Post a Comment