Free crochet pattern C2C Giraffe
Free crochet pattern
C2C Giraffe (50 x 60 graph)
On a desktop computer, click the graph to open the full-size image, then right-click and choose “Save image as.” On mobile, tap and hold the image to save it to your device.
When I finally saw it, the whole room had a safari theme. There were giraffe and leopard prints everywhere, and I absolutely loved it. That's where my love for these beautiful animals began, and it has never gone away.
Giraffes are such gentle, funny-looking animals with their incredibly long necks and sweet faces. That's exactly what inspired me to turn one into a corner-to-corner crochet design.
I hope you enjoy crocheting this giraffe as much as I enjoyed designing it!
Materials:
- 3.0 mm hook
- darning needle to weave in ends
- DK yarn
- scissors
- optional: stitch markers
Tips for the best result
- Bobbins help keep multiple colours organised.
- Weave in the ends every few rows instead of waiting until the end.
- Print the graph or use a tablet to mark completed rows.
- Blocking can help even out the finished project.
These tutorials may help:
.png)
Fun Facts About Giraffes
- A giraffe's tongue can be surprisingly long. It can be around 45–50 cm long! Their tongue is also darkly coloured, which may help protect it from the sun while they spend so much time eating leaves.
- Giraffes have very high blood pressure. They need a lot of blood pressure to get blood all the way up that long neck to their brain. Their heart is also much larger than you might expect for a mammal of their size.
- Every giraffe has a unique coat pattern. Just like our fingerprints, no two giraffes have exactly the same pattern. So you could actually use their spots to tell individual giraffes apart!
- Giraffes spend a huge part of their day eating. They can spend around 13 hours a day feeding. With a neck that long, I suppose you need quite a lot of snacks!
- Giraffes have unusual horns called ossicones. They are not really horns like those of many other animals. Ossicones are covered with skin and hair, and both male and female giraffes have them.
FAQ
Can I sell finished projects made from this pattern?
Yes! Feel free to sell finished C2C Giraffe projects made from this pattern. I would really appreciate it if you credited Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer.
Can beginners make this pattern?
If you're already familiar with the basics of corner-to-corner (C2C) crochet, this pattern is beginner-friendly. If you're completely new to C2C, I recommend checking out my C2C tutorials before starting.
Can I use acrylic yarn for this C2C pattern?
Yes! Acrylic DK yarn works very well for C2C projects. You can also use cotton or another yarn weight, but keep in mind that this will affect the finished size.
Can I change the background colour?
Absolutely! The background is a great place to add your own personal touch. You can use any colour you like, depending on the look you're going for.
©Kate's Cozy Crochet
.png)

.png)
Comments
Post a Comment