Free C2C Pattern Capybara

Free C2C Crochet Pattern
Capybara (50 x 60 graph)

Rare Cute Animals


About this Pattern:
I think capybaras are such funny animals. They're always so calm, relaxed and somehow seem to get along with everyone. We don't have capybaras in the wild here in the Netherlands, so I've only ever seen them at the zoo. Every time I do, I can't help but smile!

A while ago I also made the cutest little capybara keychain using the free crochet pattern by Complicated Knots on YouTube. It turned out so adorable that it inspired me to design my own capybara pattern, this time as a corner-to-corner (C2C) crochet graph.

This free 50 x 60 C2C crochet pattern is perfect for baby blankets, cushions, tote bags or any other pixel crochet project. If you're already familiar with the C2C technique, simply download the graph below and start crocheting. I hope you enjoy making this cute little capybara as much as I enjoyed designing it!


How to download the graph:
On a desktop computer, click the graph to open the full-size image, then right-click and choose “Save image as.” On mobile, tap and hold the image to save it to your device.


Materials:
  • 3.0 mm hook
  • darning needle to weave in ends
  • DK yarn
  • scissors
  • optional: stitch markers

Yarn colours:
Dark brown
Medium brown
Brown
Light brown (body colour)
Orange
Black
White
Pink 
Green
Any colour you wish to use for the background. Pics below for inspo.

Colour Counts:
The 50 x 60 grid contains 3,000 squares in total. Here is the number of squares for each colour:
Dark brown: 174
Medium brown: 139
Brown: 74
Light brown (body colour): 886
Orange: 26
Black: 16
White: 1
Pink: 6
Green: 105
Background: 1573

The colour counts tell you how many squares of each colour are used in the graph. They don't tell you exactly how much yarn you'll need, as this can vary depending on your yarn, hook size and tension.

Size:
With a 3.0 mm hook and DK yarn, for me this works up to about 72 x 87 cm (28 x 34 inches). But, this may vary depending on your yarn weight, hook size, and tension.
Gauge: 5 rows measure approximately 6 cm (2.3 inches).


New to C2C?
These tutorials may help:

Happy crocheting! 


Fun Facts About Capybaras

1. Capybaras are the world's largest rodents.
Despite their gentle appearance, capybaras are actually giant rodents. Adults can grow up to 1.3 metres (4.3 feet) long and weigh over 60 kg (130 lbs).

2. They love spending time in the water.
Capybaras are excellent swimmers and live near rivers, lakes and wetlands in South America. They can even stay underwater for up to five minutes to hide from predators.

3. They are incredibly social animals.
Capybaras rarely live alone. They usually form groups of 10 to 20 animals, although much larger groups can gather during the dry season.

4. They're famous for getting along with other animals.
One of the reasons capybaras have become internet favourites is their calm nature. Birds, monkeys and even ducks have been spotted relaxing alongside them, making them seem like friends with everyone!

5. They communicate in lots of different ways.
Capybaras don't just squeak! They use whistles, barks, purrs and even clicking sounds to communicate with other members of their group.


FAQ

Can I make this C2C Capybara with a different yarn weight?
Yes, definitely! Keep in mind that using a different yarn weight can change the finished size of your project quite a bit. I recommend making a small swatch first to see how your yarn and hook combination affects the size before starting the entire project.

Can I sell finished projects made from this pattern?
Yes! Feel free to sell finished C2C Capybara projects made from this pattern. I would really appreciate it if you credited Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer.


Share your project
I'd love to see your finished project! Tag me on Instagram @katescozycrochet so I can share your beautiful makes. If you enjoyed this free pattern, feel free to browse my other free crochet designs.


You might also like:












©Kate's Cozy Crochet





Comments

Populair posts

Free crochet pattern No-Sew Mushroom Bag Charm

Free No-Sew crochet pattern Beaded Flower Bookmark

Free crochet pattern C2C Dachshund