Review Crochet Impkins
Review
Crochet Impkins
by Megan Lapp. Creator of Crafty Intentions.
I bought this book about two months ago. Since I have a young son, I often don't have much time for crocheting. Even so, I've already made two Impkins during that time, and I'm almost finished with my third.
What do you get when you buy this book?
The book is essentially a thick magazine-style publication with 175 pages, packed with instructions for creating a wide variety of Impkins.
Inside, you'll find patterns for all the different parts of an Impkin, which you can mix and match to create your own unique character. The book includes plenty of examples for inspiration, but you're completely free to come up with your own combinations.
The book is divided into chapters, including:
- Impkin body styles (7)
- Antennae (4)
- Belly styles (4)
- Ears (11)
- Hats and hairstyles (21)
...and much more! You simply choose the features you like best and start crocheting.
The book is filled with beautiful, colorful photographs—not only of finished Impkins, but also of the creation process, making it easier to check whether you're on the right track.
At the beginning, you'll also find a Glossary of terms and stitches. This is particularly useful, because Megan uses several stitches that I hadn't encountered anywhere else before.
The patterns are very well written. There are some mistakes, discovered after publishing. You can find them here on Crafty Intention's website:
https://craftyintentions.com/errata2
Finally, I'd recommend using 18 mm "glass" eyes instead of the standard black plastic safety eyes. They give your Impkins an even more mystical appearance.
You can find this book on Amazon. For my fellow Dutchies, you can buy it on bol.com
Happy crocheting!
This review is not sponsored.



Comments
Post a Comment