Review Clover Amour hooks

 Review

Clover Amour
Are They Worth the Money?


Short answer: Yes!

If you'd like to know why and hear about my experience, keep reading.

Why I bought Clover Amour hooks

Like most of us, I started crocheting with inexpensive crochet hooks. Mine were simple metal hooks without soft grips, bought from Action (a discount store in the Netherlands). When you're trying out a new hobby, you don't want to spend a lot of money right away.

After about a year of crocheting, I started thinking about upgrading my hooks. I had seen other crocheters online using fancy ergonomic hooks, but I kept putting it off because they seemed so expensive. Surely they couldn't make that much of a difference... right?

Eventually, I decided to take the plunge. I bought the Clover Amour set, which includes hook sizes 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0 mm.

And wow... what a difference!

What I like about Clover Amour hooks

The first thing I noticed was how smooth the hooks felt. The yarn seemed to glide over the hook much more easily than it did with my old metal hooks.

The ergonomic grip was another big improvement. The handle is soft and comfortable to hold, and I find it much easier to crochet for a longer period of time without constantly thinking about how I'm holding my hook.

I also really like the shape of the hook itself. The yarn stays nicely on the hook, but it doesn't feel like I'm fighting to get the hook through my stitches.

Of course, everyone's hands and crochet style are different, so what works perfectly for me might not work exactly the same way for someone else. But for me, switching to Clover Amour made crocheting noticeably more comfortable.

Do Clover Amour hooks squeak?

There is one slightly annoying thing I've noticed.

Just like my cheaper hooks, these occasionally squeak while crocheting. Thankfully, it always goes away after a while.

I've heard that running the hook through your hair can help because it picks up a tiny bit of natural oil. But every time I try, I just end up with the hook stuck in my hair!

So let's just say I usually wait for the squeaking to disappear on its own.

What about the larger Clover Amour hooks?

Later on, I needed larger hook sizes for another project, so I bought the 6.5, 7.0, and 8.0 mm hooks.

I didn't do much research beforehand because I had been so happy with my existing Clover hooks. This time, I ordered them without a second thought. I've gotten a little better at treating myself.

When they arrived, I was surprised to discover they were made of plastic.

At first, I thought there had been a mistake!

After looking into it, I found out that this is completely normal. Clover makes their larger hooks from plastic to keep them lightweight and comfortable to use.

Fortunately, I can say that the larger plastic hooks are just as lovely to work with as the smaller ones. I was a little skeptical at first, but I quickly forgot that they were plastic once I started crocheting.

Clover Amour vs. cheap crochet hooks

So, is the difference really worth paying extra for?

For me, yes.

My old metal hooks did exactly what they were supposed to do: they allowed me to crochet. There's nothing wrong with starting with inexpensive hooks, and I actually think they're a perfectly good choice when you're just trying out crochet.

The difference became much more noticeable once I started crocheting regularly.

With the Clover Amour hooks, I find the grip much more comfortable and the hook much smoother to work with. It's one of those upgrades that doesn't change what you're making, but makes the process of making it more enjoyable.

And if you're spending several hours crocheting, I think that matters.

Are Clover Amour hooks worth the money?

If you're a beginner who has just picked up crochet, I don't think you need to immediately buy an expensive set of hooks. Start with what you have and see if you actually enjoy crocheting.

But if you've been crocheting for a while and you're planning to stick with the hobby, I'd definitely recommend spending the extra money and treating yourself to a set of Clover Amour hooks.

They're comfortable, smooth, and, in my opinion, absolutely worth the investment.

I bought my first set after about a year of crocheting, and looking back, I wish I had bought them sooner.

The smaller sizes are the ones I use most often, but I'm also happy with the larger sizes I bought later.

So, would I buy Clover Amour hooks again? Absolutely.

This review is not sponsored.

© Kate's Cozy Crochet




Comments

Populair posts

Free crochet pattern No-Sew Mushroom Bag Charm

Free No-Sew crochet pattern Beaded Flower Bookmark

Free crochet pattern C2C Dachshund