Review Clover Amour hooks
Review
Clover Amour – Are They Worth
the Money?
Short answer: Yes!
If you'd like to know why and hear about my experience, keep reading.
Like most of us, I started crocheting with inexpensive crochet hooks. Mine were simple metal hooks without soft grips, bought from Action (a discount store in the Netherlands). When you're trying out a new hobby, you don't want to spend a lot of money right away.
After about a year of crocheting, I started thinking about upgrading my hooks. I had seen other crocheters online using fancy ergonomic hooks, but I kept putting it off because they seemed so expensive. Surely they couldn't make that much of a difference... right?
Eventually, I decided to take the plunge. I bought the Clover Amour set, which includes hook sizes 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0 mm.
And wow... what a difference!
I still remember how surprised I was by how effortlessly the yarn glided over the hook. Everything felt so smooth, and the ergonomic grip was very comfortable to hold. I honestly wished I had bought them much sooner.
One thing I have noticed is that, just like my cheaper hooks, these occasionally squeak while crocheting. Thankfully, it always goes away after a while. I've heard that running the hook through your hair can help because it picks up a tiny bit of natural oil. But every time I try, I just end up with the hook stuck in my hair!
Later on, I needed larger hook sizes for another project, so I bought the 6.5, 7.0, and 8.0 mm hooks. I didn't do much research beforehand because I had been so happy with my existing Clover hooks. This time, I ordered them without a second thought. I've gotten a little better at treating myself.
When they arrived, I was surprised to discover they were made of plastic. At first, I thought there had been a mistake! After looking into it, I found out that this is completely normal. Clover makes their larger hooks (6.5 mm and up) from plastic to keep them lightweight and comfortable to use.
Fortunately, I can say that the larger plastic hooks are just as lovely to work with as the smaller ones.
So, if you've been crocheting for a while and you're planning to stick with the hobby, I'd definitely recommend spending the extra money and treating yourself to a set of Clover Amour hooks. They're comfortable, smooth, and, in my opinion, absolutely worth the investment.
This review is not sponsored.
©Kate's Cozy Crochet


Comments
Post a Comment