Free crochet pattern C2C Happy Cat

 Free C2C crochet pattern
Happy Cat (40 x 40 graph)


How to download the graph:
On a desktop computer, click the graph to open the full-size image, then right-click and choose “Save image as.” On mobile, tap and hold the image to save it to your device.

About this Pattern:
I'm not really a cat person. In fact, I used to be a little afraid of cats. I never wanted one to sit on my lap because those sharp little claws made me nervous. I grew up with dogs rather than cats, so I never really learned to read a cat's body language the way many cat lovers can. Because of that, I've always felt a little unsure around them.

My little boy, however, absolutely loves cats. Whenever he spots one, he gets so excited, and that inspired me to design this Happy Cat C2C crochet pattern especially for him.

This free Happy Cat C2C crochet graph measures 40 × 40 squares and is perfect for baby blankets, cushions, wall hangings, or any other corner-to-corner project you'd like to make. The pattern includes colour counts, sizing information, and helpful tips to get you started. I hope you'll enjoy crocheting this cheerful little cat as much as I enjoyed designing it.


Materials:
  • 3.0 mm hook
  • darning needle to weave in ends
  • DK yarn
  • scissors
  • optional: stitch markers

Yarn colours:
Black
White
Orange
Grey
Pink
Any colour you wish to use for the background.

Colour Counts:
The 40 x 40 grid contains 1,600 squares in total. Here is the number of squares for each colour:
Black: 134
White: 241
Orange: 48
Grey: 55
Pink: 20
Background: 1,102

The colour counts tell you how many squares of each colour are used in the graph. They don't tell you exactly how much yarn you'll need, as this can vary depending on your yarn, hook size and tension.

Size:
With a 3.0 mm hook and DK yarn, for me this works up to about 60 x 60 cm (23 x 23 inches). But, this may vary depending on your yarn weight, hook size, and tension. 
Gauge: 5 rows measure approximately 6 cm (2.3 inches).

New to C2C?
These tutorials may help:

Fun Facts About Cats
  1. Cats have a third eyelid. You probably never noticed it, but cats have an extra eyelid in the inner corner of their eyes. It helps protect the eye and keep it moist. Pretty useful, right? 

  2. Cats can't taste sweet flavours. They don't have the taste receptors needed to detect sweet flavours, so they simply cannot taste things as sweet as we do. Your cat may still be interested in your dessert, thoughh. Just not because it tastes sweet! 

  3. A cat's whiskers can detect changes in the air. Whiskers are much more than just cute hairs around a cat's face. They are extremely sensitive and can help cats detect air currents and figure out what is around them, even when they can't see it clearly.

  4. Cats have much better low-light vision than we do. Cats can't actually see in complete darkness, but their eyes are much better at using small amounts of available light. They can see in dim light about six times better than humans. This is one reason those glowing cat eyes can suddenly appear in the dark! 

  5. Cats have a special organ for detecting chemical signals. It is called the vomeronasal organ, or Jacobson's organ, and it helps cats detect pheromones and other chemical information. This is probably what your cat is doing when it makes that very strange face after smelling something, with its mouth slightly open.

FAQ

Can I make this C2C Happy Cat with a different yarn weight?
Yes, definitely! Keep in mind that using a different yarn weight can change the finished size of your project quite a bit. I recommend making a small swatch first to see how your yarn and hook combination affects the size before starting the entire project.

Can I sell finished projects made from this pattern?
Yes! Feel free to sell finished C2C Happy Cat projects made from this pattern. I would really appreciate it if you credited Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer.

Can beginners make this pattern?
If you're already familiar with the basics of corner-to-corner (C2C) crochet, this pattern is beginner-friendly. If you're completely new to C2C, I recommend checking out my C2C tutorials before starting.

Can I use acrylic yarn for this C2C pattern?
Yes! Acrylic DK yarn works very well for C2C projects. You can also use cotton or another yarn weight, but keep in mind that this will affect the finished size.


Finished your project?
Thank you for crocheting my C2C Happy Cat! I hope it brings a smile to your face. If you make one, I'd love to see it on Instagram. Tag @katescozycrochet so I can admire your work and share it with the crochet community.


This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not copy, redistribute, or sell the pattern or graph itself. You are welcome to sell finished items made using this pattern. Credit to Kate's Cozy Crochet as the pattern designer is always appreciated.

You might also like:











 
©Kate's Cozy Crochet

Comments

Populair posts

Free crochet pattern No-Sew Mushroom Bag Charm

Free No-Sew crochet pattern Beaded Flower Bookmark

Free crochet pattern C2C Dachshund